Working in partnership with schools in socially and economically deprived areas of the FCE (France Channel England) region, the EWWD Med-Tech Challenge willengage students aged 11-15 in a ground-breaking technology competition.
The early development of aspiration in young people is key to success in encouraging social mobility and removing barriers to employment. The EWWD MedTech Challenge aims to foster a culture of ambition in the rapidly developing MedTech field.
From September 2021 students from 200 Schools from across Northern France and South East and South West England will use a suite of specially created resources to design a medical technology invention that they believe could improve the life of someone suffering from a disease or illness.
They will then be invited to compete in regional heats where they pitch their ideas to a ‘Dragons Den’ style panel of business leaders, innovators, local politicians and Med-Tech professionals.
The series of pitch events across the country will culminate in an exciting grand final where one winner will be chosen to receive the honour of seeing a prototype of their concept developed by HexTransforma Healthcare and partners.
- Deliver Gatsby Benchmarks 4 and 5
- Generate employment aspiration and ambition in young people
- Broaden perspective of the broad range of career opportunities in the Med-Tech field
- Establish connections between local enterprise and schools
- Improve social mobility in deprived communities
- Deliver economic efficiency and productivity gains
- Encourage international cooperation
- Present one lucky winner with an exclusive opportunity to see their idea come to life
The EWWD Med-Tech Challenge will take place from September 2021
If you are a Teacher or Careers Advisor in a school in the FCE region and would like your school to participate in the EWWD Med-Tech Challenge register your interest.