EWWD Academy is an immersive internship that creates genuine employment opportunities and aspirations in the rapidly developing Med-Tech field. The project aims to improve social mobility and inspire confidence and leadership in young people from deprived areas in the UK and France.
Ten young adults from socially and economically deprived areas, and previously in long-term unemployment, are being chosen to participate in a 24-month paid internship where they will rotate among project partners in the UK and France to get a well-rounded education in Med-Tech innovation and business operations. Interns will learn about software engineering, finance, data science, marketing and general business operations as they contribute to the life cycle of innovative medical technology.
Academy Interns will graduate from the programme with a diverse set of transferrable skills and a strong foundation in the Med-Tech industry; equipping them with the confidence they need to pursue a prosperous career.
Along with our partners, the EWWD Academy is being delivered with support from:
Check out the Intern Diaries series here.
- Generate career opportunities and raise aspirations for young people from deprived communities
- Offer education and guidance through the product life cycle of innovative medical devices
- Invest in the futures of local youth with accompanying benefit to business from across the FCE region
- Improve social mobility
- Inspire positive change in the lives of EWWD Academy trainees
- Create a legacy scheme that can be adopted by other employers in the future to extend career opportunities to wider communities